Public Computers and WiFi
Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
In order to maintain a safe environment for customers and staff, all customers must:
- Complete a health screening right before entering the building, either:
- Online at bacosafe.org, then present the verification page to library staff at the door.
- Meet a staff member at the door who will complete the health screening on a tablet.
- Wear a face mask to completely cover nose and mouth throughout the duration of the visit.
- Adhere to social distancing of six feet or more.
- Not bring any food or drink inside the branch.
- Stay at home if not feeling well or registering a fever.
- Remain seated at the computer—No browsing the collection or checking out of materials is allowed inside the branch.
About Our Computers
All users agree to abide by Baltimore County Public Library's Internet Acceptable Use Statement. You'll need headphones for listening to audio and a USB flash drive for saving.
Available browsers and programs include:
- Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Office 2013, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Google Chrome
Schedule an Appointment
All branches offer free WiFi internet access to library users with personal wireless-enabled devices, such as laptop computers, tablets, e-readers and cell phones.
Connecting and Using WiFi
To connect your wireless device, select BCPL-Guest in your device’s WiFi settings.
Once connected, launch an internet browser from your device. You are then directed to the library's Terms and Conditions page.
Read and accept the terms by clicking the Accept button to get internet access.
Use of the Baltimore County Public Library wireless network implies understanding of and agreement by you to be bound by the terms of our Internet Acceptable Use Statement . Please read it before using the service. Failure to comply with the library’s Internet Acceptable Use Statement can lead to suspension of library privileges and/or prosecution.
You are responsible for verifying compatibility of your equipment with the library’s wireless network.
The library does not guarantee that you will have wireless access at any specific library facility at any specific time or with any specific equipment. Service disruptions may occur, and some wireless equipment may not be compatible with the library’s wireless network.
Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance with your wireless device, with your connection to the wireless network or with your connection from that network to the internet.
You are accessing the internet via a public network. We cannot guarantee the privacy of information you transfer over that network or over the internet. Virus protection and the security of information stored on or transmitted by your wireless device is your responsibility.
The library assumes no responsibility for damage, theft or loss of a customer's equipment, software, data or other personal property brought into or used within our facilities.
Use your device's WiFi setup software to configure the following:
- Network Name (SSID): BCPL-Guest
- Network Mode: Infrastructure
- WEP: Disabled
- TCP/IP or Network Settings: DHCP enabled (sometimes called "Obtain IP address automatically")
- DNS: Automatic
- Gateway: Automatic
If your laptop or other WiFi device uses a removable wireless card, make sure it is installed according to the manufacturer's instructions.
You are responsible for understanding how to configure your own wireless device. Because there are many different types of wireless devices requiring many different configuration methods, library staff are not able to assist you with the configuration of your WiFi device.
WiFi printing is not currently available, but we are offering free printing that can be picked up curbside.