Mission, Administration and Staff
Providing opportunities to explore, learn, create and connect.
Empowered and engaged individuals for a more inclusive and connected Baltimore County community.
- Our customers and communities
- Equal access and intellectual freedom
- Flexibility and collaboration
- Diversity and inclusion
- Continuous improvement
Statement on Race and Social Equity
Baltimore County Public Library is one of 177 public libraries across North America that has signed the Urban Libraries Council’s Statement on Race and Social Equity, which serves as a baseline for libraries to build policies and actions that make their communities more inclusive and just. We are committed to achieving racial and social equity by contributing to a more just society in which all community members can realize their full potential. Our libraries can help achieve true and sustained equity through an intentional, systemic and transformative library-community partnership. Read the full statement to learn more.
Download and read our Welcome Guide (PDF), which highlights our resources and provides you with information on how to take advantage of every opportunity at the Baltimore County Public Library. We have offerings for all ages to explore, learn, create and connect.
- 2019 Trending and Benchmark Report (PDF)
- FY 2019 Annual Report
- FY 2018 Annual Report
- FY 2017 Annual Report
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
TTY through Maryland Relay
Board of Library Trustees
The Board’s responsibilities include:
- Appointment of the library director to manage day-to-day operations of the library system
- Policy formulation. Working with the director and staff, the Board develops policies to ensure that the library system is sound and responds to the needs of the public. Major policy areas include personnel, collection development, public service planning, budgeting and use of technology
Learn more about the Board of Library Trustees.
- Has overall responsibility for the management of the library system and strategic planning, serves as liaison to the County and state government, and is accountable to the Board of Library Trustees
- Oversees Fiscal Services, Human Resources, Planning, Projects and Data, and Technology Support departments
Adult and Community Engagement
Customer Support Services
Meeting Room Bookings
Facilities Services and Facilities Management
Phone: 410-887-6136 or 410-887-6100
Marketing and Development
Planning, Projects and Data
Virtual and Media Services
Conni L. Strittmatter